Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm Famous!

Hi again Everyone!

Today I went to my old high school...it was awesome! The year I left, they also built another high school nearby the old one and i got to visit my old teachers at both....and even some who went to other high schools. It was so nice to catch up and speak to students about my experience in high school and university. I talked to two leadership classes about how their leadership skills can be applied to post-secondary education. One of the main things I learned and wanted to share was that "You are not a leader because people follow you...but instead people follow you because you are a leader."



I had lots of questions in these sessions...one of the most popular was about how high school prepared me for university. I think that it prepared me well. Lots of the things I learned that I thought I would never use became very valuable. Things that I thought were small skills were actually invaluable assets in my degree and since then. One of the best skills I learned from my leadership class was an ability to interpret my audience. If you want to know more about what I mean e-mail me...it's helpful in everything from applications to essays!






Also check out the attached pictures! It's ME! I'm a celebrite in the Kawartha Pine Ridge Distric School Board...these posters are in each school in the board! (I'll be handing out autographs upon request)


Ciao 4 now!

No comments: