Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I did it!!! And you can too!

Hi Everyone!


Well it was a big weekend this past weekend for me because I became an official Mount grad! Woo Hoo! Such a celebration!

'Why am I telling you this?' You might ask... well one of the big questions I got today and have received in the past is "How do I decide what to program to take in University?" There are so many cool programs sometimes it's hard to decide what will be best suited to lead you to the right career path. One thing that worked for me and that I would suggest to all students trying to choose a program, is to look at the courses offered in programs you are interested in. You don't have to stress about what you will do when you are finished if you are loving the courses you're taking. For example if you see a program with courses that really interest you, then you will enjoy them, do well, and find it easier to decide what to do with your degree. If you aren't sure, try a general arts or science degree and see what some of your favourite courses are and then decide from there.

When I look back at my choice to take Public Relations (PR) I did so because I wanted to take courses in Media Relations, Crisis Communication, Public Speaking and Persuasive writing among MANY others. The degree looked so cool I wasn't even sure what a PR person did, but I knew if it involved all those things then I would love it! =)

You can apply this lovely philosophy to ANY program!


This tip and others brought to you by the letter "M" and the "Brilliant" mind of Melanie LeBlanc!

No comments: