Sunday, October 5, 2008

Opening Lines

Hello again everyone!

The first week in Ontario was great! It was awesome to see so many students interested in looking into the East Coast and the Mount as an option for their post secondary education. I realized I didn’t mention what exactly it is I’m doing on the road. For those who haven’t seen me yet I thought it would be good to let you know what I mean when I say I’m on the road visiting high schools.
Well generally when I’m on the road I set up a table with the other university recruiters and answer your questions. What might you encounter when you come up to my table?
I thought I would share some of my great opening lines:
1. Howzit going? (Yes I say it like it’s one word)
2. Looking for any program in particular?
3. Go ahead and take a book.
4. Let me know if you have any questions.

Now that I see them all written out I’m thinking I might need to come up with a better opening line… any suggestions?

Sometimes I think that maybe I’m intimidating to students…but I really hope I’m not! Please come talk to me and ask questions. I love meeting potential students and telling them about why I love the Mount. Why do I love the Mount? Well I will share my top 3 reasons with you right now:
Small campus – Big city… best of both worlds.
Professors care about your success and know you by name
Programs so great that students on campus come from over 60 different countries

I will post again soon with some of my favourite questions from the road.
Ciao 4 now!

No comments: