Monday, December 8, 2008

I is for... International


Hi everyone. My name is Kutay Ulkuer and I am the international admissions officer. The Mount houses over 400 international students from 62 different countries. I am sure some of you already met one of these wonderful and interesting students.

Internationalization of our campus is one of the main goals for Destination 2012 action plan. After all we are living in a global market environment where more and more people are identifying them selves as global citizens. The Mount is dedicated to educating individuals who will be able to live and work anywhere in the world.

Ok I have to admit I like the travel part of my job a lot. This year I spent over 2 months traveling the world for international students. Some of the countries I have been to are: South Korea, China, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kazakhstan, Bermuda, etc...

The Mount also gives you the opportunity to study abroad as an exchange student up to one year. This would be a great opportunity for anyone who is looking to learn by seeing and touching. Are you a history major? Paris is waiting for you. Are you a business student looking to get some international experience? China would be a great place for you to witness one of the world's largest economies.

For more information check out the exchange programs page of our website:

If you would like to get more information regarding our international students or go to a different country as an exchange student please visit our international students page.

No comments: