Monday, November 17, 2008

This is what November means...

Hello readers!
I am reporting to you from Philipsburg, Sint Maarten. It is beautiful, sunny, and around 30 degrees celsius everyday! A little different than our campus in Halifax, but I am still near the water and I feel at home.

While this time of year is busy for us recruitment folks, I was thinking to myself today that I want to share some advice with students out there. I remember while studying that November is always a busy, busy month for university or college students (who I work with a lot). It is also a hectic time for students in high school. I can relate to all of you in feeling the crunch of November, and I don't just mean those leaves under your feet!

What I want to remind you all to do is remember to take some "breathing" time everyday. At this time of year for university of college students, you are up to your eyes and ears in group projects, research papers, and exams are looming just around the corner. Everyday you must do one or two of the following: sit back and eat a full meal without studying at the same time, or head up to the Fitness Centre and rock a step class, or run, run, run on the treadmills. Read some silly gossip on the Internet. Look at pictures on Facebook (even some of ours! I will have a lot of new ones up next week!).

For students out there in high school. If we haven't been to your school to visit yet - hold on - we're almost there!! While you are working on mid-terms and praying for upcoming snow days, you are considering your options for next year. My advice is the same for you, take a break and soak up the greatness of your last year in high school. Take advantage of the social events, but also study a lot! Your grades from this semester could really help you out at scholarship time.

Once January hits it is application time! Until then, get through busy November day by day and December will feel a lot better - I promise!

No comments: